First, and most importantly-- color up! We've just partnered with Benjos and are now offering shoe laces in a wide selection of styles and colors. So grab a few. And change them up often. That's Rule #1.
Rule #2: Learn some unique styles for lacing up. See below for a few of our favorites. Want more? Google it. There are plenty of options to choose from.
What you're really looking to do here is capture attention. Attention to a rather unsuspecting opportunity to easily showcase your own personal sense of style. And/or draw attention to those heavily admired, Red Wing Iron Rangers. Or any other American Made classics that grace your feet.
Back to Benjos. Yep, they are 100% Made in USA! And yep, they're going to help you accomplish big things. Trust us!
- 36" Two Tone Nylon Benjos are perfect for sneakers like Vans. Lace up with a traditional criss-cross or straight lace for a more symmetrical look.
- 27" Waxed Cotton Benjos are the standard dress shoe lace for oxfords and wingtips.
Here's how to lace'em:
Straight Lacing: Laces run straight across on the outside and diagonally on the inside
As for boot laces, it really depends on what you've got in the closet. 48 inch and 36 inch are good intermediate lengths:
Flat Waxed Cotton Boot Benjos:
- 54" for 7-9 eyelet boots like an Alden Indy Boot or Wolverine 1000 Mile
Two Tone Nylon Boot Benjos:
- 34" for something like a Red Wing Chukka
- 48" for something like a Red Wing 875
- 54" for something like a Red Wing 877 or Iron Ranger
Give this a try:
Shoe Shop Lacing: One end runs from bottom to top while the other zig zags throughout